Sunday 26 January 2014

Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan

Hi everyone!

Hope you've all had a lovely week! I've not posted anything this week so I'm going to make up for it today by doing a few posts! I've had quite a busy week at work and had a few plans in the evenings (including going to see James Arthur in concert on Wednesday which was amazing....such a great voice!), so I've not really had time to do any blogging this week! So, here goes...


Yesterday I decided to try the Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan for the first time!

I absolutely love having a tan and I usually use St. Tropez Mousse which never fails me but I've been hearing so many good things about Cocoa Brown and the fact that it's a 1 hour tan really appeals to me. 

The first thing I noticed as I started to use the mousse was that it didn't have that awful biscuit-like fake tan smell, it has a sweet floral smell to it which is lovely and very subtle. This is a definite plus point for me!

The mousse glides on really easily with the mitt and it has a light brown colour to it so you can see which parts you have and haven't done. 

I think the mousse dries really quickly (much quicker than my St. Tropez mousse) and it doesn't feel sticky either which is great.

The bottle states that you can leave the tan on for between 1 and 3 hours before washing it off. I decided to go for the halfway point and leave it on for 1 hour 30 minutes.

So I got in the shower, washed it all off, looked in the mirror, and.......I was disappointed! There was only a teeny tiny hint of a tan, nothing like I was expecting. BUT....it does say on the bottle that the tan does continue to develop over several hours after you have washed the mousse off. So I carried on with my plans for the day and I would say about 4 to 5 hours later I was starting to develop a nice golden glow.....yay! It does start to smell a bit fake tan like at this point I noticed, but nothing really strong.

All in all, I like this tan because it's really easy to apply, dries quickly, is non sticky and you don't have to leave it on overnight and wake up to that awful strong fake tan smell filling your room!

I think next time I will leave it on for the full 3 hours to see if the colour turns out deeper or develops quicker.

Here are the before and after photos (quality isn't great I'm afraid as they were taken on my iPhone and I can't get any good natural light in this awful weather!)

Before...


After (this was taken the day after application)...

So what do you think everyone? Have you used Cocoa Brown before? Let me know your thoughts!

Shell x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...