Tuesday 14 January 2014

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

Hi, ooooh two posts in one day, I am spoiling you! ;-)

I decided to write my first beauty product review on the award winning Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser as I've been using it every day for about 6 months now and I love it. I'd never even heard of the brand until a friend told me about it last year and unless you've got a John Lewis near you then you'll only be able to get hold of it by ordering from the Liz Earle website or from eBay.

The Liz Earle brand was founded in 1995 after Liz Earle and Kim Buckland wanted to "develop a product range that really worked, was pampering yet affordable, simple to use and for everyone - no matter what their age or skin type. They were determined to use the best possible naturally active ingredients, which inspired the name Naturally Active Skincare". 

My first purchase was from the Liz Earle counter at John Lewis in the Trafford Centre. I bought the starter kit which includes a 100ml pump tube of the cleanser and a packet of 2 muslin cloths in a nice little bag. This costs £14.75.  


There are two stages to the cleansing routine:

Stage 1 - Cleansing

Use one 'pump' of the cleanser and gently run into the skin all over the face and neck. There is no need to remove any make up beforehand but I like to take off my eye make up with baby lotion and a cotton pad first. Leave to soak in for about 15 seconds then move on to...

Stage 2 - Polishing

Take one of the muslin cloths and rinse it in hand-hot water. You then gently wipe the cloth over your face and neck in small circular motions, rinse the cloth and repeat until all traces of make up are removed. Rinse out the cloth and leave to air dry. And there you have it!

As I say, I've been using this for about 6 months now and I don't think I would use anything else now. It's suitable for all ages and skin types so I'll still be able to use it as my skin changes with age.

I love the fact that my skin feels so clean and fresh after cleansing with this as it really does remove all traces of dirt and make up. I also think it smells amazing!

Have you ever tried the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish or any other Liz Earle products? Or have you found the perfect cleanser? Get in touch and let me know!

Shell x

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...