Friday 28 March 2014

Nanogen Thickening Treatment Shampoo & Conditioner Review

It's every girl's dream to have long, thick luscious locks so when I was asked by Nanogen to review their Thickening Treatment Shampoo* and Conditioner* I (and my thin, lifeless hair) jumped at the chance and said yes! I have poker straight, fine and flat hair that drives me insane as I can never get any volume in it. I've tried so many volumising products which either leave my hair fluffy and flyaway or sticky with lots of residue  -  nothing seems to work. I'd never heard of this brand before so I was looking forward to trying the products to see if they worked.


I received a full size shampoo (240ml RRP £7.95) and a full size conditioner (240ml RRP £8.95) and I was advised that I should use both products for at least a week to see full results.

Here's the science bit:

Nanogen Thickening Treatment Shampoo and Conditioner are invigorating treatments for thin hair. The shampoo formula combines peptides and Salicyclic Acid to cleanse, purify and add thickness to your hair whilst the conditioner contains Hyaluronic Acid to create volume. The treatment is fortified with patented Nanogen Growth Factors to maintain healthy hair. It is dermtologically tested and is proven to give anyone with thin hair a more comfortable scalp and thicker hair. It is also suitable for Minoxidil users (a medication to stop or slow hair loss).




The shampoo is a thick, clear liquid that lathers up well with a little bit of water. I massage it into my wet hair and scalp, leave on for about one minute and then rinse it all out. 

I then move on to the conditioner:



This is a nice silky consistency and is not as thick as conditioners I normally use. I massage this into my hair straight after and leave for around 3 to 4 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.


So what do I think of the results??

I've actually been pleasantly surprised with the results of these products! After about a week of using them both I noticed that my hair seems to have more body, volume and movement than before. My hair also feels and looks slightly thicker than before. Don't get me wrong, I've not suddenly sprouted hundreds of new strands of hair, but what is already there feels in better condition and fuller than before. The conditioner leaves my hair really glossy and soft as well, but not too soft that it's fluffy and impossible to do anything with. Overall, I would recommend these Nanogen products if, like me, you have fine and lifeless hair.

You can buy the shampoo and conditioner, along with other products from the Nanogen range, from Boots or directly from www.nanogen.co.uk

I wouldn't normally pay that much for shampoo and conditioner but I am considering purchasing them once these are all used up!

Have you tried Nanogen products before? Which hair products do you recommend for adding volume?

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...