Friday 2 May 2014

Givenchy Ombré Couture Cream Eyeshadow


I absolutely love eyeshadows and have quite a few in my collection, but today was a first for me as I tried out a new cream eyeshadow - Givenchy Ombré Couture in Rose Illusion. I usually go for powder eyeshadows so I was looking forward to trying this out and seeing if it has the staying power that it claims (apparently 16 hours!)

I love the little pot that the eyeshadow comes in and it's a great size for popping in your bag for any touch ups that may be needed.



I applied the eyeshadow with my little finger as that felt the easiest way to apply it for me. It has a lovely creamy texture in the pot and when applied to the eyelids it almost instantly dries to a nice matte finish. It has really nice coverage and you don't need lots of product or several layers.




'Rose Illusion' is a really nice pastel pink colour which is perfect for Spring/Summer. I applied this eyeshadow, added some black liquid eyeliner and lashings of black mascara and I think the final look was really striking.

The Givenchy Ombré Couture Cream Eyeshadow does also have some serious staying power - I applied it at 9am, went shopping for a few hours then sat in the garden and enjoyed the sunshine for the rest of the afternoon and the eyeshadow still looked freshly applied almost 12 hours later!

I'm giving this one a big thumbs up. It may be a little pricey at £18 but I can see this pot lasting for ages and it really does stay on all day long so I think it's worth the price tag. 

Would you buy this eyeshadow? What do you think of the colour?



1 comment:

  1. Yes I probably would: it's good quality, it's when the crease and slip off the lids it's not worth it then, this looks so pretty, quite like the mac paint pots and they are around the same price to

    Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...