Monday 23 June 2014

Yours Truly Organics Skincare Review

If you've read my recent post about the chemicals added to skincare products then you'll like this post! In my quest to find more natural and organic products I discovered 'Yours Truly Organics' on Twitter and I was kindly sent four of their products to try by the founder, Kelita Bignall.



Kelita began making her own skincare products after years of suffering from acne and scarring. Fed up of temporary fixes from prescription strength remedies, she began attending courses and educating herself on the science of skin and how to make your own skincare products. Her skin began to clear up and friends and family started asking her for advice - it was then that Yours Truly Organics was created, a line of organic skincare products that actually affect change in the skin and are free from harmful and unecessary chemicals. The range is also animal cruelty free, Vegetarian Society approved and Ecocert certified. So, how did I get on with the products...






Take It Away! Gel Cleanser

This is a lovely cleanser with a runny consistency which is enriched with vitamin C and sandalwood oil. The first thing I noticed about this was the smell - it's amazing! It reminded me of orange flavoured sweets and smells good enough to eat! The cleanser lathers up well with warm water and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. You only need one pump of the cleanser as a little goes a long way, so I think the £22 retail price for a 150ml bottle is really reasonable because I can see this lasting a good while.


Balancing Toner

The balancing toner contains witch hazel and aloe vera to soothe and repair the skin and return it to its optimal pH level. It comes in a handy spray bottle so can be sprayed directly onto the face and neck or applied with a cotton pad. I like to apply this with a cotton pad after cleansing and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and ready to be moisturised. It's the first toner I've used that doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry and I love the subtle smell of the lavender and lemongrass ingredients. A 150ml bottle can be purchased for £19.


Fix Me! Repairing Serum

I really like this serum and I think it has helped with the general appearance of my skin. Enriched with oat kernel and sesame seed extract this serum is said to reduce inflammation caused by blemishes whilst smoothing and repairing your skin. Only a tiny bit of serum is needed for the whole face (literally a pea sized amount) and it absorbs into the skin so quickly without leaving any residue at all. I'm really impressed with this product and it's now an important part of my daily routine. Although a little pricey at £28, I think this is a great addition to anyone's skincare routine.


Face Base Face Balm

This moisturising face balm is formulated with pea extract and daisy flower extract which is said to improve elasticity, regulate sebum production and brighten your skin's complexion. I have to admit, I didn't think that my combination skin would like this rich moisturising balm and at first it didn't. However, I soon discovered I was using far too much product so it wasn't being absorbed into my skin and was leaving a greasy residue! After reducing the amount I started to like this balm and even more so because it has made the dry patches round my mouth and chin completely disappear! It also has a lovely fresh citrus smell to it which again smells good enough to eat! I've been using this for several weeks now and it looks like hardly any has gone - well worth the £25 retail price as I think this will last for months!




Overall I really like this range and I think it has made a noticeable difference to my skin. I still have an oily T-zone which I think I'll just have to live with, but the dry parts of my skin have completely disappeared since using this range. I also love the fact that all the products contain natural and organic ingredients with no hidden nasties and I can genuinely feel this when using them. If you're interested in the Yours Truly Organics range then you can find out more about them  here

Have you tried the range before? Which natural/organic products do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...