Tuesday 5 August 2014

Leighton Brown Vegetable Crisps

At the moment I'm trying to eat healthier and it's taking all my will power to resist my beloved bar of chocolate in the afternoon so I've been on the lookout for healthier snacks that are still tasty - that's where I discovered Leighton Brown vegetable crisps on Twitter. They were looking for bloggers to sample their range and kindly sent me three different flavours to try.


Leighton Brown products are made with natural products, contain no additives and are suitable for vegetarians. It aims to provide a little taste of affordable luxury with tonnes of flavour.

Parsnip & Manuka Honey*


The texture of these crisps are softer than normal crisps with a slight chewy texture which is obviously because they are made from parsnips. I could really taste the parsnips with a slightly spiced flavour and a subtle hint of sweetness from the Manuka honey. These crisps are gluten free and contain 192kcal per 40g bag. I really liked these and would choose them as a healthier snacking option. 


Beetroot, Horseradish & Dill*


This packet was my favourite out of all three! I could really taste the sweetness from the beetroot which was complimented well by the horseradish and dill. I'm not that keen on horseradish but the flavour wasn't overpowering and it was actually really nice. These crisps are gluten free and contain 202 kcal per 40g bag. I would definitely buy this flavour again, they are delicious!


Sweet Potato, Cheese & Jalapeño*


Out of all three packets these had the crunchiness texture, similar to normal crisps. This particular flavour won a Gold Star in the Great Taste 2013 Awards but unfortunately they were too spicy for me. I'm not a big fan of spicy foods so my taste buds weren't ready for these! I managed a few and could taste the sweet potato and the cheese but the heat from the jalapeños got the better of me! My husband really liked these though and finished off the bag, telling me that the flavours went together really well. This flavour is suitable for coeliacs and contains 196kcal per 40g bag. 


Overall I was very impressed with the quality and taste of Leighton Brown's crisps. I also love the retro packaging as it's bright, eye catching and displays all the information you need to know. I would definitely buy the Beetroot, Horseradish and Dill flavour - it was definitely my favourite out of the three. Big thumbs up to Leighton Brown for making healthy snacks that are still tasty.

For more info on the company and details of stockists go to the website www.leightonbrown.co.uk

Have you tried Leigton Brown crisps before?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...