Sunday 3 August 2014

[M]Botanicals Renewing Clay and Bamboo Cleanser

[M]Botanicals are a London based company that produces handmade natural and organic skincare. As you know, I'm all for natural skincare at the moment so it was great to discover another brand to try. Everything is made in small batches or individually to order to keep them as fresh as possible. No preservatives are added so all they contain are pure active ingredients.

I have combination skin so they recommended I try the Renewing Clay and Bamboo Cleanser*.


This product claims to brighten and revive tired skin and protect it from break outs. It's suitable for all skin types but is especially beneficial for oily and acne prone skin. The key ingredients are:

Kaolin Clay - a gentle exfoliant that is great for lifting out impurities and reducing inflammation.
Copaiba - has anti microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Andiroba - a skin conditioner with anti-inflammatory properties.
Acai - full of vitamins and minerals with a high content of antioxidants to fight against free radical damage.






I've used this now for approximately 4 weeks and I really like it. You just take half a teaspoon of the powdered cleanser in the palm of your hand, add a few drops of warm water so it turns into a foamy paste, massage into the skin using small circular motions then rinse off with warm water. It leaves my skin feeling clean, refreshed and soft afterwards. I've used cleansers with clay in them before and they've always left my skin feeling dry and tight, but the oils in this one moisturise my skin well and make sure it feels soft and supple. It feels like it's looking after my skin and giving it the nutrients it needs to renew itself. 

An 80g bottle costs £15.50 from www.etsy.com and I think it's well worth the money. Although it hasn't stopped my breakouts altogether, I've noticed an improvement in my skin.

Have you tried a clay cleanser before? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...