Thursday 21 August 2014

You Beauty Discovery Box August 2014 | 'Summer Essentials'

Last week I received my first You Beauty Discovery Box. A cute little yellow box landed on my doorstep and I couldn't wait to open it and see what goodies were inside. I don't know about you, but I feel like a child on Christmas morning when a beauty box arrives...the excitement and anticipation of what that perfectly wrapped up box beholds!

I signed up to You Beauty Discovery as I liked the idea of being able to pick two items yourself from a shortlist, but then you also get some additional surprises in each box. Plus, at only £6.95 per month it's an absolute bargain and a great way to try products and brands that you might not have used or heard of before.

Here's what I got in my August box:



The two products I chose from the shortlist were:


Louise Galvin Sacred Locks Treatment Mask 100ml

Louise Galvin (daughter of Daniel Galvin dontcha know!) has created a range of hair care products without all the added nasty chemicals which are absorbed into our bloodstream through the scalp (eeewww!). It contains a naturally modified form of honey along with wheat proteins and ximenia oil to ensure hair is nourished without creating build up. Having just coloured my hair, I can't wait to try this out.


MARSK Mineral Eyeshadow in 'Rich List'

Ooooh I do love a good shimmery eyeshadow! Anything that sparkles or glitters and I'm attracted to it straight away, and that's why this MARSK 100% natural mineral eyeshadow powder instantly caught my eye. On first look, this appears highly pigmented so I'm looking forward to creating some dramatic eye looks with this. I will be packing it in my suitcase for my holiday to Portugal in a few weeks as I think it will look great with a tan!

The additional surprise products were.....


A sample of Jimmy Choo Eau de Parfum

This is one of my favourite perfumes so this will be handy to pop in my handbag for an added spritz on the go.

A sample of Jimmy Choo MAN

This is one for my husband - he likes his aftershaves and this smells lovely!


A sample of FaceD 3-LURONICS Instant Effect Cream Serum

This product is something which I think will come in handy as I turn 30 in a few weeks and I want to keep the wrinkles and expression lines at bay for as long as possible!


A 4 way Nail Buffer

Maybe not the most exciting product to find in a beauty box, but I suppose they always come in handy . I'll be popping mine in my desk drawer at work for any nail emergencies throughout the day.


Overall I'm really impressed with my first You Beauty Discovery Box and I think it's a total bargain at £6.95 with postage included.


Do you subscribe to You Beauty Discovery? Which products did you choose from the shortlist?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...