Monday 20 October 2014

Chanel Autumn Collection: Joues Contraste Powder Blush #160 'Innocence'

Last month I decided I wanted to start treating myself to more high end beauty products - I started my new job in June which included a decent pay rise and I turned 30 at the beginning of September so I figured that I deserved it! 

First on my list was Chanel. To me, the Chanel brand is the epitome of elegance, style and glamour......and I wanted some of that! I don't own that many blushers so when I saw the gorgeous compacts on the Chanel counter in Boots they instantly went straight to the top of my list. 


Retailing at £31.00, this compact may seem a little pricey but I can honestly see this lasting me ages. Plus, it's so pretty so I think it's worth it! 

I decided on shade #160 Innocence which is from the limited edition Autumn collection. There were so many beautiful shades to choose from but I felt that this one suited my skin tone and would look great all year round. It's a lovely medium rose colour with a very subtle shimmer to it which just catches the light perfectly.

The sleek black compact comes in a cute little velvet pouch which is a really nice added touch, and the locking mechanism on the compact is secure so there's no worry of it opening in your handbag and getting ruined! Also included is a mirror (great for touch ups on the go) and a cute little natural hair brush which means you don't have to take your big blusher brush with you on your travels. I do prefer to apply this blusher with my Real Techniques Blush Brush when I'm doing my make up in the morning at home, but the little brush included in the compact is perfectly adequate for touch ups throughout the day.

Another plus point of this blusher for me is the scent. It smells like rose petals and just adds that little something extra, making it feel more elegant and sophisticated.



I really like this Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush and would recommend it. I probably wouldn't buy any more until this one runs out, but that's because I tend to just wear the one blusher (I'd rather have a big collection of lipsticks or eyeshadows than a selection of blushers!)

Do you have any Chanel blushers? What do you think of this shade?

2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to treat yourself and that is such a pretty shade!

    www.mintyessene.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it! Yes always nice to treat yourself, think I'm due another one...haha!x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...