Saturday 6 December 2014

ghd Limited Edition Rose Gold V Styler Review

After 7 years (or maybe even longer!) of using the same ghd styler (an IV) I thought it was time to upgrade before they decide to pack in and leave me with a head full of frizz one morning! Ever since I got my first ghd’s I knew I would never need to turn to another brand again. The difference they made to my hair was amazing. However, my trusty IV styler was starting to look a bit worn and after many years of use I was needing to go over sections of hair a couple of times so I knew it was time to get a new one. But which one to choose!?!?






After browsing the ghd website a few times I decided I HAD to buy the Limited Edition Rose Gold V Styler.....it was just too pretty to resist! As you know, I’m loving everything rose gold at the moment (have you seen my other posts this week? It’s a rose gold takeover!) and this new addition to my collection does not disappoint.

First of all, the black and foiled rose gold box looks sleek and stylish and I will be finding a good use for this as a little storage box as I certainly won’t be throwing it away. Inside is a coordinating black heat resistant roll bag with rose gold metal trim which is perfect for taking the styler on holiday and weekends away. Also included are two matching hair sectioning clips and a protective plate guard.

Now, on to the styler itself...

This has got to be the prettiest ghd styler I have seen so far. Featuring a glossy rose gold finish, this design is glamorous and girly. It glistens in the light and the power button is a nice chrome rose gold colour with a ‘ghd’ logo that lights up when the styler has reached its optimum temperature. The smooth black plates have hints of rose gold glitter speckled through them which is a lovely added touch. The plates are made of aluminium coated with a thin layer of an advanced ceramic coating that helps the plates glide through the hair with ease and leaves you with a shiny, high-gloss finish. The edge of the plates are rounded off so that you can create curls, flicks and waves as well as having a poker straight look.

One of the many great features is the sleep mode which causes it to automatically turn itself off if left inactive for 30 minutes. The styler takes approximately 10 seconds to heat up so that you don’t have to wait long at all to start styling your hair.  When it reaches the correct temperature (between 175°C and 185°C) it emits 3 beeps and the logo on the switch will light up (and remain lit) to indicate it is ready for use.

I am honestly so impressed with this Rose Gold V Styler. It glides through my hair so quickly and smoothly compared to my old IV styler and my hair stays perfectly straight until my next hair wash. In fact, yesterday was a horrible wet and windy morning on the way to work and my hair didn’t frizz up at all, whereas the ends would normally frizz slightly in this type of weather.

My verdict?? An absolute must have hair essential. I would never stray away from the ghd brand as I don’t think anything else out there compares. They may seem like a pricey purchase but they are honestly worth it in my opinion. I’ve had over 7 years of almost daily use out of my old IV styler so I would definitely recommend them. You also get a 2 year manufacturers guarantee with every styler for extra piece of mind.

The styler retails at £130 and is available to buy from the ghd website here.

Do you use ghd products? What do you think of this Limited Edition ghd Rose Gold V Styler?



11 comments:

  1. I don't know what my hair would be without my trusted ghd! This one looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty colour isn't it! Can't imagine life without ghd's now!

      Delete
  2. Yay! So pleased you finally picked up a pair! I have to agree the rose gold is probably the best colour ghd have released to date! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too.....took me ages to decide on which ones to get! Haha! Definitely happy with my final choice though x

      Delete
  3. I decided to wait for Jan sales and got mine for £110 from http://www.modagreco.co.uk/shop :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!! I have to admit I must have had my GHDs for about 10 years now?! But I can't bring myself to get rid of them in case the new-fangled contraptions don't live up to these ones!! :-S Very tempted now though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was exactly the same Holly! I kept reading reviews which said the newer models aren't as good, but I honestly think these are better than my old ones. Go for it!! xx

      Delete
  5. Wow! What a great idea in the post! What a concept! And beautiful theme that’s Amazing …
    orogold reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally getting these for my birthday but really like the new limited edition pink Platinum for breast cancer they are £165 that's a lot for me so getting the rise gold v styler which is only £100 from look fantastic.com x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rose not rise sorry 😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...