Tuesday 20 January 2015

Healthy Breakfast - Banana Oat Pancakes Recipe


I have a massive sweet tooth and if you read my New Year post you'll know that I am trying to up my exercise and eat a more healthy diet - something that can be difficult when you love sweet things as much as I do! So I've been experimenting in the kitchen and I threw together this really easy mixture which made some great (and sweet) tasting pancakes using all natural ingredients and no added sugar.

You will need:-

1 banana
1 free range egg
1/4 mug of wholegrain oats
Coconut oil
A small drop of pure honey
Handful of blueberries (for the topping)

First of all I chopped up the banana and placed it in a blender along with the oats and whizzed it all up for 10 to 20 seconds. (I don't have a proper food processor so I just used my Breville Blend Active which is great for making smoothies to go!) I then added the egg and a drop of honey and blended it all for a further 10 to 20 seconds until the mixture had a nice consistency. 

I then melted about half a teaspoon of organic coconut oil in a griddle pan and added 3 heaped large spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan separately. 


I let the pancakes cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on a low to medium heat then flipped them over for the other side to cook for the same amount of time.


Once nicely browned on both sides I piled them on a plate and added a handful of blueberries on top.

It's as easy as that! How nice do they look?! The banana gives them a lovely sweet taste without having to add any refined sugary products. All natural and all healthy!


I think this is going to be one of my new favourite weekend breakfasts as they're so quick and easy to make and it feels like a real treat. I'm going to be experimenting with different toppings to switch it up a bit and see which I like best.

Do you have any great healthy breakfast ideas? Let me know if you have a go at making these yourself by leaving a comment below!

4 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with coconut oil, this looks awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to try this recipe! I love pancakes so much!!

    Sharan | essehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMMM!

    Eve - haiaeve.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...