Monday 12 January 2015

My 1 Year Blog Birthday and 100th Post!

Image Source: www.pixabay.com
Happy Birthday to meeeeeeee! Well, not me, but my blog! Yes, today 'What Shell Says' is one year old and this is also my 100th post...hurrah!!

I started this blog on 12th January 2014 and it has had a big impact on my life that I could never have expected. It has allowed me to be creative again, in writing and photography and to be more experimental with make up and fashion. Going to blogger events and networking with brands and PR companies has increased my confidence and it has led me into a community where I feel at home. 

I was petrified of attending my first blogger event - I would never have dreamed of going somewhere where I didn't know a single soul but I told myself to 'man-up' and go for it. What could go wrong? If I felt like a total idiot stood on my own then I could just leave and go home, but at least I would have given it a go. I need not have worried though as I met the loveliest girls that night who made me feel so welcome. 

I didn't think that starting this little blog would lead to making new friends with similar interests, but that has been one of the highlights of my first year of blogging. A special mention has to be made to my lovely friends  Anoushka, Katie, Jess, Georgie and Katie who I met at my very first event. These ladies are fabulous and I love attending blogger events with them. I have also got to know the lovely Italian fashionista Anna this past year who I can talk about my love of Venice with!

 I also talk to lots of other bloggers through Twitter and two that were there right from the start were Laura and Julie. They've both been a big support to me in trying to get my blog up and running (especially Julie when I've been baffled by html coding!)


Last but not least though, I'm grateful to each and every person who reads my posts. Never in a million years did I think that my little blog would attract any attention but thanks to you it has. I've been given opportunities to work with some amazing companies which I never thought possible for me and it's all because you continue to read my posts and follow me on my journey. So for that I thank you dearly!

I hope I can continue to improve my posts and photography and create some great content for 2015. Here's to another fab 12 months of blogging!

11 comments:

  1. Aww happy birthday What Shell Says! Hope to have fun at many more blogger events with you in 2015! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww happy (belated) birthday! And congratulations on having such a successful first year of blogging!
    I hope I can be where you are when my 1 year blogiversary rolls around :)
    - Taisie ♥ | Life by Taisie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Really appreciate your lovely comment x

      Delete
  3. Aww happy (belated) birthday! And congratulations on having such a successful first year of blogging!
    I hope I can be where you are when my 1 year blogiversary rolls around :)
    - Taisie ♥ | Life by Taisie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday beautiful! Thank you for the mention! Looking forward to lots more bloggy events, nights out, prosecco and general lovely stuff :)

    Mwah!
    Anoushka xx www.Anoushkaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely lady! Yes definitely...looking forward to it! xx

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to your wonderful blog....I would love to go to blogging events i think it would boost my confidence as well. glad you met some lovely bloggers, and made some great friends.

    http://thecuttlebug.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm only reading this post today but Happy Belated Birthday to your blog! Your journey and growth have been an inspiration to all newbie bloggers like myself :) xx www.cosmosandcharisma.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...